Transform That Unsightly Tree Stump in Your Yard into a Beautiful Lawn Ornament
Wondering how you can use that old tree stump that’s been languishing in your yard for as long as you can remember? Wouldn’t it be nice to find some use of something that is as unpleasant-looking as a stump?
Lucky for you there are better ways to make use of old tree stumps and prevent them from being a tripping hazard or an unwanted lawn ornament you have to live with, like scar tissue from an appendectomy.
Here are several creative tree stump ideas that may inspire you to do something about that nasty old stump in your own backyard:
Creative Tree Stump Ideas for DIY Homeowners
- Transform that tree stump into a beautiful planter. Tree stumps don’t have to look dead and ugly in your yard. With a little creativity and imagination, you can put life into that stump by using it as a planter in your garden. You can search the Internet for a step-by-step guide on how to make a planter out of an old tree stump.
- Tiled mosaic tree stump table and seat. Do you have a knee-high tree stump in your yard that you want to make use of? Well, a lawn table or seat that’s adorned with colored tiles and glass to create mosaic art is really not a bad idea. You can choose different color glass or tiles and create whatever pattern you wish. Show off your artistic side and have fun with it.
- An old tree stump turned into a nice pot stand. This is the easiest way to use a tree stump. If you’re too lazy or pressed for time to create a decent planter, just find any potted plant in your garden and place it on top of the stump. But if you really want to be creative, place some hooks around the side of the stump and use hanging plants to give that thing some color and life.
- Transform your tree stump into a nice picnic table. If the stump is tall enough or wide enough, it can be easily transformed into a nice lawn table for picnics and other outdoor activities. If the diameter of the stump is not wide enough, you can use it as a base for a wider and more appropriate round table to compliment your garden or your patio.
- An aged moss tree stump as an artistic garden décor. If the tree stump is in a damp, dark, and humid location, you can promote moss growth to cover the stump entirely, giving it a nice ancient look that will serve as a conversation piece in your garden. Healthy green moss looks way better than dead decaying wood, don’t you agree?
- Turn your tree stump into a cute little bird bath. Just when you thought there’s nothing more you can do to make that old tree stump in your garden a little bearable visually, here’s a creative idea you could try. Place a huge clam shell or a clay saucer on top of the stump. Add clean water and a nice bird figurine, and voila! You have yourself a beautiful garden ornament that also works as a bird bath.
- Transform that tree stump into decorative art. Want to express yourself in an artistic fashion? With some paint and your imagination, you can turn that ugly tree stump into an expression of your artistic persona. Choose colors that will represent you, designs that are captivating and engaging to you, and patterns that show off your talent as an artist. And before you know it, you will have a nice conversation piece right in the middle of your garden.
- A board game out of a tree stump for the kids to enjoy. Why buy an entire chess set when you can easily transform a tree stump into a chess and checkers board? Take a break from video games and teach your kids how to enjoy board games like chess, checkers, or even backgammon. And they will definitely get a kick out of playing tic-tac-toe on a tree stump.
- Tree stumps used as garden lamps. This particular idea may require a bit of woodworking, carpentry, and electrical expertise. Use these materials to turn a tree stump into a useful garden lamp. There are online sources you can use as a guide for this.